We’d like to thank everyone who volunteerred to work at the 198th ever Great Geauga County Fair. Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, the Fair was forced to reduce their size and scope and will only be holding a junior fair this year. Visit their website for specifics. After discussions with the fair directors, it’s been determined that they do not require our services for this year, but they made it known that they look forward to working with us next year. Again, a heartfelt thanks to everyone who volunteered with us this year, we look forward to working with you when things return to normal. Sign up for our mailing list below so we can keep in touch with you in the future.
Thanks for your interest in volunteering with GEARS at the Great Geauga County Fair! Your help is greatly appreciated. The fair is a large undertaking, requiring over 1,000 man hours over a five day period, and we have many positions to fill.
What does GEARS do at the fair?
- Dispatch and drive golf carts to help people get around the fairgrounds and to and from the parking lot.
- Staff the sheriff’s office building outside of Gate 1.
- Walk the fairgrounds to provide eyes and ears for the on-duty fire departments and the sheriff’s office.
- Perform other miscellaneous tasks to assist the sheriff’s office.
- For more information about the fair itself, please visit http://geaugafair.com.